Saturday, May 16, 2009

I Wish It Would Rain


I was up early today, walking the dog around 8 this morning. I couldn't believe how heavy the sky seemed. Walking along the air was humid and full of moisture but it just hung there, in suspension, over my head. I kept thinking how I wished the sky would just open up and be done with it already. I wished it would rain, I wished for that heavy sky to let go and release it's burden.

While I walked along I thought about burdens, my burdens. I thought about things that have been hanging over my own head, like that heavy sky, things suspended over me now. Burdens, weights, heavy feelings that hang like low clouds not quite touching me but their presence undeniably felt. Things that are pressing and things that give me pause. Things that cause me worry, things I am powerless to control. Things that seem to just hang there, things I can see every time I look up.

Just like I was wishing the sky to open up, I am wishing for all of these things over me now to just open up. Open up and rain down on me so I can see them, so I can deal with them. Above my head they are foreboding, burdens that I can't measure and can't touch. I want them out in the open where I can see what I am dealing with. I want them released and relieved. I want them gone.

I want it to rain. I want these things to wash over me, flood me, surround me so I can deal with them, If I can deal with them then they will be gone once and for all.

How I wish that it would rain.....

Indeed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I understand what you mean. The unknown things that hang over us keep us from living.

I would much rather deal with things. I know I have power to deal with whatever comes my way.